2014/10/13

Watercolor Splattered Hello Card


I re-visited Watercolor Splatter Technique and made this card which will be entered into the following challenges:

1. CASology Week 116 - Splatter
       
2. Colour Me #41

 
3. Less is More #193 - One Layer Card, keeping it CAS and including 2 of something!

      
4. Virginia’s View Challenge # 8 Clean and Simple

  
5. Simon Says Use Watercolors

6. AAA Cards Game #24 Autumn Colors

  

Card Details

1. I used Distress Stains and Hero Arts Daubers to create splattered flowers and used paint brush to create water droplets.

2. Text stamp is by Simon Says Stamp.

3. I actually did a step-by-step tutorial about this technique back in 2009. Please check out here.

I must say I am still trying to get familiarized with this kind of CAS style. I think it's not bad. What do you think?

Edited on 2014/11/08
This card was selected as one of the Top Three in AAA Cards Game #24 Autumn Colors. What an honor! Thank you, ladies!

17 comments:

  1. Great card, love the technique you've used. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Helen, very vibrant card, fantastic technique and very effective, great work.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So vibrant and absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, I just love your originality !! Great colour and design on your OLC ! I have also become your latest blog follower !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen, I think this is so beautiful! Way to cover so many challenges with one card...it fits them all so well! I love your "splatter" flowers and the sentiment stems...so pretty! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a simply terrific card, but we have a maximum of 5 challenges which may be combined here at Less is more.
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Do come back agin next week for another CAS challenge.
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen what a stunning card, love your watercolour spatters, what a shame you have entered too many challenges to be eligilble for LIM, hope you'll join us again
    Thanks so much
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, its warm colours, your originality!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Helen! This is my first visit to your blog - love it! Your card is very refreshing and unique. I love the splatters! Great CAS style.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT job on the splatter! I love how you incorporated the sentiment with your artsy designs! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Watercolor” Challenge! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Clean and Simple Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super fun card but sadly we can only allow 5 challenge combos at Less is More Helen
    thanks for sharing though and hope you'll join in again sometime
    Sarah
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a pretty card and a clever way to put the sentiment :) thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! Modern and trendy look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this artistic card in fall colors, Helen! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! Love the elements you used. So glad you played along with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. asics running shoes sale asics running shoes sale college can figure, so I'll be satisfied. Laughed. I made ​​money in the future, cheap asics running shoes we must also you. cheap illegal channels,, In fact, I really like you, but I was gangsters, you never told me together.  asics running shoes sale Eyes covered asics shoes sale uk with tears, and soon became a two creeks, voice choked cheap, I really do not know asics running shoes sale how to thank you, so I just want to see you in

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know how you think. Your words will make my day! Thanks!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...